Throughout Budehaven Community School, our expectation for exemplary behaviour, both in and out of school, is reflected in our expectation of uniform compliance. We expect and trust that parents and carers, students and staff work together to promote fairness and consistency and to prevent valuable school time being diverted to following up on breaches of uniform policy.
Our uniform was designed with the distinct purpose of differentiating between leisure and learning time. It was chosen to foster a smart image for students and to encourage them to be ready to focus on their work, free from distractions. We strive to support our students to develop themselves academically and socially and prepare themselves for life after school where a dress code or other restrictions may be expected.
Wearing the Budehaven School uniform, means that all students are ambassadors for our school and we hope all our students take this responsibility seriously. Taking pride in our school uniform demonstrates a commitment to our high standards of conduct and support of our shared values. We hope it indicates a sense of loyalty to one another and a commitment to look after what we have, our buildings, our equipment and our environment. It encapsulates our pride in our school community.
General Guidelines for the Budehaven School uniform are summarised as follows:
- Smart Grey, tailored trousers or shorts (available from a number of suppliers, including supermarkets such as ASDA or Tesco).
- Footwear School footwear must be plain black with no other colour, unless it is a PE kit day, whereby students can wear any suitable trainers.
- Grey Pleat style Available here.
- Navy Blue school blazer embroidered with crest. Available here or plain navy school blazers can be purchased from a number of suppliers (e.g. ASDA), along with the purchase of an embroidered school badge (available from the school).
- Light blue school shirt or blouse. Long or short-sleeved.
- Budehaven Community School tie: Available here. (In the case of pupils who, due to sensory needs, struggle with a standard tie, we can purchase clip-on ties)
- Optional V-Neck jumper embroidered with the Budehaven crest. Available here. Please note that this is the only jumper allowed in school. Hoodies and other sweatshirts/jumpers are not permitted
- Reasonable Adjustments for Students with Sensory Concerns
- This uniform is statutory for all pupils.
With the exception of the school tie (and optional V-Neck jumper), parents/carers can choose where to purchase uniform. If buying a plain navy blazer, please contact the school to purchase an iron on embroidered badge.
If you still have any queries relating to uniform please contact Mrs Bennett on the form below.