Throughout Budehaven Community School, our expectation for exemplary behaviour, both in and out of school, is reflected in our expectation of uniform compliance. We expect and trust that parents and carers, students and staff work together to promote fairness and consistency and to prevent valuable school time being diverted to following up on breaches of uniform policy.
Our uniform was designed with the distinct purpose of differentiating between leisure and learning time. It was chosen to foster a smart image for students and to encourage them to be ready to focus on their work, free from distractions. We strive to support our students to develop themselves academically and socially and prepare themselves for life after school where a dress code or other restrictions may be expected.
Wearing the Budehaven School uniform, means that all students are ambassadors for our school and we hope all our students take this responsibility seriously. Taking pride in our school uniform demonstrates a commitment to our high standards of conduct and support of our shared values within the Budehaven Way. We hope it indicates a sense of loyalty to one another and a commitment to look after what we have, our buildings, our equipment and our environment. It encapsulates our pride in our school community.
General Guidelines for the Budehaven School uniform are summarised as follows:
- Grey smart, tailored trousers or shorts.
- Grey Pleat style skirt. Available here.
- School Jacket embroidered with crest. Available here.
- Light blue school shirt or blouse. Long or short sleeved. Can be obtained here. (Other suppliers available)
- Budehaven School tie: Available here.
- Optional V-Neck jumper embroidered with the Budehaven crest. Available here.
- Reasonable Adjustments for Students with Sensory Concerns
If you still have any queries relating to the new uniform please contact Mr Dyer on the form below.