‘We look smart, act smart, to think smart’ The Budehaven Way
Budehaven Community School is ambitious for all its students and we expect this ambition to be reflected in what our students wear to school. It is clear that wearing a uniform is important in promoting a positive school ethos and by wearing the correct uniform, students avoid unnecessary conflict in school, so ensuring they can focus on their learning.
We expect all our students to wear correct uniform at all times. If a student does not wear the correct uniform, they will not be permitted to attend lessons with their peers until they do so. In this instance, parents will be informed and asked to bring the correct item of uniform into school to rectify the problem. Once the student is wearing correct uniform, they will attend lessons as normal. This has long been our policy with regards to facial piercings and will now be extended to non-compliance of all items of uniform.
Our school policy can be found below.
Our UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS are:
- Hairstyles must not be extreme and colours must be natural
- Jewellery must be discrete and safe. Large loop earrings are not acceptable
- Blue school sweatshirt (Year 11 can wear a Budehaven leavers’ hoodie as an alternative)
- White polo shirt – the collar must be visible
- Completely black footwear
- Socks – plain, neutral colours such as white, blue, black or grey
- Smart school style trousers only. Trousers must not be hipster style or legging style. They must not be cord, cotton, denim, stretch legging or canvas.
- Jean and chino-style trousers & shorts must not be worn as they fade
- Skirts must be tailored and should not cling to the body or ride up whilst walking. They should fall no higher than 10cm above the knee
- Skater-style skirts and stretch legging-style materials are not accepted