Budehaven Community School is ambitious for all its students and we expect this ambition to be reflected in what our students wear to school. It is clear that uniform is important in promoting a positive school ethos and by wearing the correct uniform, students avoid unnecessary conflict in school, so ensuring they can focus on their learning.
We expect all our students to wear correct uniform at all times. If a student does not wear the correct uniform, they will not be permitted to attend lessons with their peers until they do so. In this instance, parents will be informed and asked to bring the correct item of uniform into school to rectify the problem. Once the student is wearing correct uniform, they will attend lessons as normal. This has long been our policy with regards to facial piercings and will now be extended to non-compliance of all items of uniform.
Our school policy can be found below along with guidance photographs.
Our UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS are:
- Blue School Sweatshirt (Year 11 can wear a Budehaven Leavers’ Hoodie as an alternative)
- White Polo Shirt – the collar must be visible
- Completely Black Footwear
- Socks – plain neutral colours such as white, blue, black or grey.
- Smart school style trousers only. Trousers must not be hipster style or legging style. They must not be cord, cotton, denim, stretch legging or canvas.
Jean/Chinos style trousers & shorts must not be worn. None of these should contain cargo pockets, jeans style rivets and or patch pockets or logo labels (e.g. a red label on the back).
- Skirts and shorts must be tailored in style, no shorter than 2cm above the knee, they should not cling to the body or ride up whilst walking. Skater style skirts and stretch legging style/materials are not appropriate. Shorts must be Tailored and not chinos or jean style as they fade.
- ALL TROUSERS & SKIRTS MUST BE BLACK.
We have sourced a number of stockists to help you to comply with school uniform policy. Wroes and Bude Sports are our two main uniform stockists. Marks and Spencer stock a wide range of suitable trousers, shorts and skirts. Trousers have been the most problematic item of uniform and to make it easier to ensure you purchase trousers that comply with school requirements, please use the links below. Other stockists can be used as long as the trousers, shorts or skirts comply with the requirements outlined above.