AQA GCSE Business Studies
We want our GCSE Business Studies students to engage in the events happening around them. We want them to understand why businesses and governments might be doing the things they are. We want them to be able to analyse the effects of these decisions on consumers, employees, society and the economy so they better understand the world they live in, and will one day work in. We want to sow the seeds of enquiry and interest that can be further developed through Economics A level. We want to equip students with the appropriate knowledge and skills needed to develop their employability and identify business problems and opportunities.
The aims of our GCSE course are to:
- Develop our students into being enterprising individuals with the ability to think commercially.
- Develop students to become independent and reflective thinkers
- Develop students to create and construct well argued, balanced and well-evidenced arguments
- Create students that are aware of and understand current business and economic issues and impacts of these
- Enable students to draw on real businesses to make informed business decisions and solve business problems.
So what do we learn?
Click the tabs below to see what we cover in Years 10 and 11