At Budehaven we have created a Key Stage 4 Student Leadership Team whose role is to be involved in many aspects of school life.
A fundamental focus of the team is to uphold the Budehaven Values, but their work also includes:
- Attending break duties
- Reporting unkind or unsafe behaviour
- Asking students to correct uniform
- Being an integral part of the Student Council and The Year 11 Prom.
Deputy Head students and Senior Prefects also have roles within the school.
The Senior Prefect is to assist the Headteacher and Deputy headteacher in their work at the school.
- Attend break duties
- Encourage those around them to uphold Budehaven Values
We ask fellow students to treat the Student Leadership Team with authority and respect.Meet the leadership team (704Kb PDF)
Student Leadership Opportunities
- Head Girl/Boy and vice positions (Year 11)
- House Captain (Year 10)
- Vice House Captain (Year 8)
- House Charity Ambassador (Any Year)
- Level 1 Sports Leadership (Year 10)
- Level 3 Sports Leadership (Year 12/13)
- Sports ambassador (Year 7, 8 & 9)
- Star mentor programme (Year 7)
- Form reps (all years)
- Peer mentor Prefects (year 10)
- Languages Ambassadors (Year 7 & 8)
- Reading Ambassadors (Year7)
- Library helpers (Year8)
- Paired reading tutor (Year 12/13)
- Student Receptionist (Year 8)
Find out more about our students ‘Personal Development’