Is your child eligible for Free School Meals?
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you (or the child themselves in their own right) is in receipt of any of the following benefits.
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers’ Allowance (Income-Based) and equal based Job Seekers Allowance.
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR) and equal based Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an Annual income of less than £16,190.
- Guarantee Element of Pension Credit (GPC)
- Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA) Support
- Universal Credit
Further information on who is eligible is available from the Cornwall County Council webpage for School Meals.
It takes seconds to apply for Free School Meals and if your child is found to be eligible, they will also benefit from extra support with their education in school through the Pupil Premium Grant.